The goal of our bursary is to encourage young Fernie residents to pursue the arts at post secondary level and continue their studies. Fernie is brimming with talented artists with a diverse range of art practice and backgrounds and we, as the Fernie & District Arts Council, are committed to making sure that our young people are provided with opportunities and support to join this rich community.
The bursary is available to any student graduating from Fernie High School, Fernie Academy or a home school program who is continuing their education at a post secondary level and who plans to focus on the arts in their studies.
In previous years, the bursary has been $250 but this 2018 we are looking to increase the value through current fundraising activities such as the Holiday Wreath Show. This year’s round will be announced in the new year, when full information of amount and dates will be provided. Please check back on this page and look out for news via our Newsletter and social media.
Be a graduating high school student in Fernie graduating from Fernie High School, Fernie Academy or home school program who is continuing their education at a post secondary level who plans to embrace the arts in their studies.
- Bursary paid out upon submission of official enrolment of the post secondary institution.
- Students can defer up to 18months otherwise the bursary must be returned.
- One page letter from student addressing what motivates their art and how they plan to embrace art in their post secondary studies.
- Submission of a portfolio of work relevant to the art studies the student is continuing. Submissions accepted in person at The Arts Station during hours Mon-Fri 10-3pm or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission deadline is at the end of May each year. This page will be updated when this year’s date is confirmed.
- Late entries will not be considered.
- Juried by Arts Station ArtSmart Committee (members of the various Arts Station committees).
- One student will be awarded
- The bursary will be presented at the winner’s graduation ceremony