Dumpster Project 2018
- Application Deadline: Thursday, April 19th, 2018 2pm
- Notification Day (via email): Tuesday, May 11th, 2018
- Preparation Dates: Thursday and Friday, June 28-29th, 2018
- Painting Dates: Saturday, June 30th, 4-9pm 2018
- People choice winner announced as part of Canada Day celebrations, July 1st
The Arts Station in partnership with The City of Fernie is pleased to announce a Call for Entry for the 5th Annual; ‘Out of the Box: A Dumpster Art Project’. Out of the Box is a project in which 6-12 commercial trash and recycling dumpsters are transformed into works of public art by regional artists. The dumpsters will be painted in a live art event from 4-9pm on June 30th, with live music and a bar in Station Square.
We need you! If you are an artist or community group and would like to transform a dumpster, download an application form below and read up on how to enter. The painted dumpsters in and around Fernie bring our colourful community to life and represent the culture of our people – and we need your help to keep this tradition alive! Contact us at the Arts Station if you have any queries. There is a $500 prize for the People’s Choice Award winner!
Banner Project 2018
For over the past decade, Elk Valley artists have added their own air to Fernie’s streets offering works of art for the 39 banners that line Highway 3 and downtown. Now, in its 14th year, we are calling out to the artists that call the Elk Valley home to once again to contribute to Fernie’s annual Banner Project. We are thrilled to again highlight various artistic mediums from artists of all ages!
What are the adjudicators looking for? Bold colours, striking imagery that stands out from a distance, variation in themes and artistic disciplines and it has to be eyecatching to the street-level observer. What kind of mediums will be accepted? Submissions of paintings, quilts, stained glass, sculpture, pottery and photography are welcome.
- Submissions accepted on memory stick or via Dropbox
- Maximum 2 entries per person
- Submission Deadline: Tuesday, April 3rd at 2pm. No Exceptions.
- Submissions must be a 2:1 ratio and be high
resolution. Example: 12” x 24” vertical
- Early Submission Advantage (more than one week prior to deadline): submissions will be reviewed by a
committee member and the artist will be notied if there are any technical issues such as incorrect cropping or poor resolution.
- For further information regarding size etc., go to the Arts Station website at www.theartsstation.com/artists/calls-for-entry
How is art submitted?
- Mail or drop-off a USB memory stick with the jpeg file and contact/bio info to:
The Arts Station, 601 1st Avenue
P.O. Box 1453, Fernie BC V0B 1M0
- One USB stick per person (no exceptions).
- Submissions also accepted via Dropbox. Send link to Louise at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Vanessa at email@example.com with any questions.
Deadline: Tuesday, April 3rd, 2018 at 2pm