The mission of the Arts Station gallery is to showcase local artists, supporting established and developing artists in all visual disciplines. The Arts Station encourages applications from all backgrounds, identities and disciplines and aims to represent the full diversity of the Elk Valley’s cultural landscape. We programme 12 gallery shows each year, which each exhibit for one month.
Our art gallery is open during our opening hours (Monday – Friday, 10-3pm, plus concerts and events) and whenever the Blue Toque is open (Thursday – Sunday, 9-2pm). It is functions as the entry hall to the building and therefore has frequent footfall from all our of guild and workshop participants, concert attendees, private rental guests, business meeting hires that take place upstairs, school groups, patrons of the Blue Toque diner, and tourists exploring the arts and cultural scene of Fernie. During Art Station hours the gallery has an attendant, the Assistant Administrator, who answers questions and completes sales or commission requests.
- The First Call to Artists for our twelve Gallery Shows in 2019 are now open (Opened 19 July 2018)
- Application deadline: 16 August 2018
- Results announced: 4 September 2018
- Please first read the Arts Station Gallery 2019 Information Pack
- Please then download and complete a signed Gallery 2019 – Application Form PDF OR Gallery 2018 – Application Form Worddoc and submit it:
- In person to the Arts Station (applications will not be returned; see website for opening hours)
- By email:
- If application doesn’t exceed attachment size limitations, send directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If application with photos and/or portfolio is particularly large, please store online and send us to a link to Dropbox or G-drive
- If you have any queries before submitting your application, please contact Louise Ferguson on email@example.com