Returning for the 5th year, the festival of lights brings an evening of lights and music to downtown Fernie. Celebrate the night with paper lanterns, bonfires and fireworks at Station Square. The event includes a series of lantern building sessions and an evening of community and celebration. More details to come soon!
- Formally known as the Lantern Festival
- Lanterns produced by community groups and local artists.
- 6pm, free, in Station Square. No tickets necessary
- Join our newsletter or follow us online to keep up to date with announcements for lantern building workshops
- Elk Valley Hospice, Installation: “Memory Lane” is a collaborative effort between local Fernie artists including Kyle Hamilton, Stephanie Rogers, Pat Moore, Laura Nelson, and Elk Valley Hospice volunteers. https://www.facebook.com/Elkvalleyhospice/
- Latin Vibes, Installation: “Noche de Luces” is a performance piece that highlights the importance of the Latin community within Fernie. It is a celebration of cultural diversity and community inclusivity. https://www.facebook.com/Latinvibesfernie/
- Brina Schenk and Michelle Galway from Annex Suspended: Each piece of this installation represents a way we interact with the people we meet in our community. It is a representation of how we share/provide, connect, and support those in our community. Check out their work here: https://annexsuspended.com/
- Nicholas Marks: This installation will feature a series of geometric representations of the natural wildlife we encounter here in Fernie, as well as the wildfires that are a part of our everyday lives. The artist hopes to bring awareness to these creatures that we share the valley with, and highlight our responsibility for their habitat and protection.
- Erika and Brock Hornquist of Wild Wolves Design will provide a diverse set of visuals to create a holistic representation of what is Fernie. https://www.facebook.com/wildwolvesdesign/
- Heart and Soul Collective and the Unicorn Squad will wow with a performance piece led by artistic director Alana Minifie-Rybar. Check them out here www.heartandsoulcollective.org