An intimate space, with moveable chairs and tables, designed to accommodate up to 100 people in a theatre setting, or for a sit-down reception up to 50 people. The theatre is fully equipped with professional sound and lighting* (see below for costs) with access to dressing room facilities.
Upper Meeting / Activity Rooms: $15/hr
The perfect space for working business meetings, art and craft workshops, small seminars. Two light-filled rooms with moveable tables – each accommodating approximately 15 people. Access to sink, coffee machines and the like make this the perfect friendly and creative space.
Located in the basement is a fully equipped pottery studio that can accommodate ten people. The studio has five wheels, two hand-building spaces and a kiln and glazing room. The Pottery Studio can only be rented with a private workshop instructor. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a private workshop or see our Events Calendar for our on-going Pottery workshops.
We can develop workshops and classes for children and adults. Or perhaps you wish to run a workshop? If you are interested in running a workshop, see our Workshop Application and Policy.
A perfect place for birthdays and kids parties! Rent the space and plan your own activities, or hire one of our instructors to lead arts activities (pottery, singing, arts and crafts…). Price dependent on instructors and availability varies. Please email email@example.com at least six weeks in advance to arrange.
- If you wish to have alcohol at your event, you need to privately obtain a Special Occasions Liquor license. We need a copy for our records ahead of the event.
- As a City of Fernie building, any liquored event at the Arts Station needs to be insured with 5 million liability with the Arts Station and the City of Fernie as named parties and the policy certificate provided ahead of the event.
- We offer insurance as an extension on the City policy. If you wish to use this service, please complete this Special Events – Application (PDF).
- With a private rental, you are responsible for set up, staff and equipment. We only have basic bar equipment which must be requested when booking. Please note we do not have an ice machine.
- Prior to a booking, a representative of your group must be available during Arts Station hours (Mon – Fri 10-3pm) to get an access code and security briefing from our team.
- When booking, make sure to include set up and clear up time. Access to space will start from the time you have booked the space and maybe not be available before.
- In order to make use of our tech equipment, one of our approved sound techs must be hired at a cost of $35 per hour.
- We offer a film screening package which includes rental and film set up for $100 (not including liquor / insurance etc.). This covers one standard length film and necessary equipment; this does not include tech during the film.
- When booking, please provide a tech requirements sheet including all the equipment you wish to use and the times that you will need it. (If you unsure of your requirements, please contact us to discuss.)