The mission of The Arts Station gallery is to showcase emerging and developing artists in an effort to enrich the local arts and culture community in Fernie.
The Arts Station encourages applications from all backgrounds, identities, disciplines and aims to represent the full diversity of the Elk Valley’s cultural landscape. We program 12 gallery shows per year, each exhibited for one month.
Our art gallery is open during our business hours (Monday – Friday, 10-3pm, plus concerts and events) and whenever the Blue Toque is open (Thursday – Sunday, 9-2pm). It functions as the entry hall to the building and therefore has frequent footfall from all our of guild and workshop participants, concert attendees, private rental guests, business meeting hires that take place upstairs, school groups, patrons of the Blue Toque diner, and tourists exploring the arts and cultural scene of Fernie. During Arts Station hours the gallery has an attendant, who answers questions and completes sales or commission requests.
- Call to Artists Opens May 2019
- Gallery shows for Jan-December 2020. There will be a second intake for Jan-April 2021.
- Artist workshops: June 1st
- Application deadline: July 2nd 2019
- Results announced: August 1st 2019
- Please first read the Arts Station Gallery 2019 Information Pack- link
- Please then download and complete a signed Gallery 2019 – Application Form PDF link OR Gallery 2019 – Application Form Worddoc link and submit it:
- In person to the Arts Station (applications will not be returned; see website for opening hours)
- By email:
- If application doesn’t exceed attachment size limitations, send directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If application with photos and/or portfolio is particularly large, please store online and send us to a link to Dropbox or G-drive
- If you have any queries before submitting your application, please contact Jackie Graham at email@example.com.
To apply please fill out the application form below
If you are applying please read the following documents about the Gallery.