The Fernie & District Arts Council is seeking a summer student to help us with our Summer events and programming!
Event project Assistant
Applicants must be in post secondary education studying in one of the following fields:
- Event planning/management
- Hospitality and tourism
- non-profit or cultural studies.
Job Description and Duties
- Assisting with event logistics
- Onsite attendance at events
- Performer liaison
- Create and update promotional material including social media
- Assist with the promotion of Arts and Culture in the Kootenays
- Liaise with volunteers and other organisations
- Collect and input data
Desirable Skills and interests
- Demonstrated interest in the Arts and Culture Sector.
- Understanding of community development and volunteer interaction
- Excellent computer (excel), telephone, writing skills
- Experience with WordPress, Mailchimp, Social Media
- The ability to manage time to accommodate many types of tasks and demands
- A team player yet able to work independently