The Fernie & District Arts Council is seeking an energetic assistant to the Administrator. This year-round part-time position averages 20 hours per week. While mainly between regular work hours from Monday to Friday, flexibility is required to accommodate arts programming. The primary focus of this role is in administration but ideally, this person should also have an interest in arts and culture.
- To assist with day-to- day activities of the organisation
- To interact with volunteers and the general public
- Assist with marketing for arts courses and workshops, film, concerts and other events (press
releases and general advertising)
- Maintain class registrations, membership records and mailing lists
- Gather and compile data as defined by the Administrator
- Work with interest groups and partners to assist with community events
- Perform basic accounting tasks (payables / receivables), banking…
- Facilitate workshops and classes for kids and adults
- Create and maintain weekly e-newsletter and web management (Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Wordpress, Social Media)
- Work with the Gallery Committee to ensure exhibits are professional and up to standards
- Manage the busy Arts Station calendar by booking and liaising with members, private rentals and other community groups.
- Assist with the facilitation of cultural and artistic programming
- Assist team members with the delivery of other Arts Council projects and events.
- Administrative work experience
- Demonstrated interest in the Arts and Culture Sector
- Knowledge of the Fernie & District arts sector
- Understanding of community development and volunteer interaction
- Excellent computer (excel), telephone, writing skills
- Experience with WordPress, Mailchimp, Social Media
- The ability to manage time to accommodate many types of tasks and demands
- A team player yet able to work independently
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications close 03.14.2018.