The Arts Station is pleased to be able to offer a multitude of classes and workshops throughout the year, taught by a number of highly qualified and creative individuals.
For up-to-date information about upcoming workshops, browse our Events Calendar.
Workshops programmed by the Arts Station this past year include:
- Wine and Wheel Wednesdays – run by one of our experienced Pottery Guild members, Wine and Wheels cost $40 including clay, glazing and firing, BYO wine! We encourage you to come with your friends or individually and get to know all that our Pottery Studio has to offer. A great opportunity for absolute beginners or amateur potters. If you are an experienced potter, see our Guilds page for more information on how to join.
- Rhumba with Adriana – Adriana is a local latin dance teacher who runs a range of individual and couples workshops in our theatre. The drop in classes are open to anyone and welcome to all levels of dancers!
- Club Cre8 – An Art Club for Kindergarten to Grade 6. Club Cre8 runs on No School Fridays and on different weekdays throughout school holidays. Lead by Rachel Butterworth and her assistants, the art club offers a social, creative, fun and funky day to our little Fernie-ites. Rachel has been teaching and giving childcare to children in Fernie for over seven years and comes with a wealth of experience. Each day has a different theme and children always come away with a new craft to take home.
- Singing Lessons with Rachel – Running on Tuesdays and Thursdays in our Theatre, the workshops, also run by Rachel, are in group sizes of up to 4 young people with a range of experience. Each term culminates in a performance for families in the Theatre and a celebration of all our singers hard work.
- Tunnel Theatre – improv and theatre games nights for adults or young people, run by the director of Tunnel Theatre Group (one of our Guilds).
- Also in the last year: Screen Printing weekend Workshops, Visual Artists study weekend, and various Guild-run workshops. To join one of the Guilds and attend their study sessions, read more here: Guilds & Clubs