The Arts Station is pleased to be able to offer a multitude of classes and workshops throughout the year, taught by a number of highly qualified and creative individuals.
For up-to-date information about upcoming workshops, browse our Events Calendar.
Workshops programmed by the Arts Station this past year include:
- Pottery with Helena de Jong – President of the Potters’ Guild, Helena de Jong will be hosting wheel, hand-building and glazing workshops this fall at the Arts Station. Book online for all her workshops via our Eventbrite page.
- Rhumba with Adriana – Adriana is a local latin dance teacher who runs a range of individual and couples workshops in our theatre. The drop in classes are open to anyone and welcome to all levels of dancers!
- Club Cre8 – An Art Club for Kindergarten to Grade 6. Club Cre8 runs on No School Fridays and on different weekdays throughout school holidays. Lead by Rachel Butterworth and her assistants, the art club offers a social, creative, fun and funky day to our little Fernie-ites. Rachel has been teaching and giving childcare to children in Fernie for over seven years and comes with a wealth of experience. Each day has a different theme and children always come away with a new craft to take home.
- Singing Lessons with Rachel – Running on Tuesdays and Thursdays in our Theatre, the workshops, also run by Rachel, are in group sizes of up to 4 young people with a range of experience. Each term culminates in a performance for families in the Theatre and a celebration of all our singers hard work.
- Tunnel Theatre – improv and theatre games nights for adults or young people, run by the director of Tunnel Theatre Group (one of our Guilds).
- Also in the last year: Screen Printing weekend Workshops, Visual Artists study weekend, and various Guild-run workshops. To join one of the Guilds and attend their study sessions, read more here: Guilds & Clubs
- Guitar Lessons with Sami Valavaara – Samiwill is offering private guitar workshops at the Arts Station on Mondays and Thursdays 4-7pm for children aged 7+. Sami graduated from Rocky Mountain College with a Bachelor of Arts in music and trained in teaching under Jonathan Schorr, music director at Centre Street Church.
If you are interested, or know someone who might be, please get in touch with Louise at firstname.lastname@example.org.