Every Wednesday from 5.30pm, July 3rd – August 28th
at The Arts Station, Station Square, 601 1st St
The Art Station returns with The Wednesday Social: 9 weeks of free concerts, popping up each week in Station Square, a sizzling summer of live music and good times in downtown Fernie! No need to book or buy tickets – just show up and enjoy the tunes on the deck at the Arts Station on 1st Ave. The music is free and everyone’s welcome!
Food Trucks: Starting at 5:30pm
Refreshment Garden: 5:30-8:45pm
Live Music: 6:30-8:30pm
Kids Art Zone: 5:30-8pm
DJs Each Week: Starting at 5:30pm
Attendee numbers reached nearly 500 people each week in 2017, and with the arts and music scene in Fernie thriving and the forecast set for another hot summer, we expect this series to be the biggest yet. The line-up features music from across Canada, including blues, Celtic folk, funk, country and indie pop. Explore the full line up below:
• July 3rd: Mitch Belot Band
• July 10th: Chain Station
• July 17th: Hamsa Hamsa
• July 24th: Revel in Dimes
• July 31st: Josh David
• August 7th: West My Friend
• August 14th: John Welsh and Los Valientes
• August 21st: Chase the Bear
• August 28th: Scenic Route to Alaska
And don’t forget, the Wednesday Socials are about way more than just music. We have a drinks tent serving Fernie Brewing Co., Lonetree cider and wine + a kids corner with free crafts, food trucks and more! A great place to meet your friends, soak up some afternoon sun and listen to some great live music.
The Arts Station and an invaluable team of local volunteers produce the Wednesday Concert Series. Going in to its 8th year, the volunteer team behind this essential Fernie summer staple makes these events possible. The Arts Station would also like to thank the Resort Municipality Initiative, British Columbia Arts Council, the Columbia Basin Trust, the Park Place Lodge, Fernie Brewing Company, Summit Fund, Edward Jones, Finning, Teck and Wapiti for their ongoing support.
For more information please contact Louise Hilliard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-423-4842.
Gallery call for entry 2020
The Arts Station Gallery is to showcase emerging and developing artists in an effort to enrich the local arts and culture community in Fernie.
The Arts Station encourages applications from all backgrounds, identities and disciplines and aims to represent the full diversity of the Elk Valley’s cultural landscape. We program 12 gallery shows each year, each exhibited for one month.
To apply please fill out the application form below
Aesthetica Short Film Festival
Celebrating innovation and excellence in filmmaking, ASFF is looking for emerging and established practitioners who are pushing the boundaries of filmmaking forward to showcase their talent and innovative work to wider audiences at the 2019 event.
Filmmakers can submit their Short Films, Feature Films or VR & 360 works for consideration. ASFF also accepts works across multiple genres including; Advertising, Animation, Artists’ Film, Comedy, Dance, Documentary, Drama, Experimental, Fashion, Music Video and Thriller. Entries close 31 May.
- The @BAFTA-Qualifying @ASFFest is looking for those who are driving film forward through inspirational and innovative works. Enter your Shorts, Features or VR films here: www.asff.co.uk/submit
- £1,000 awarded to the Festival Winner
- Northern Film School Award for Best Screenplay (£1,000)
- Screenings at a BAFTA-Qualifying festival
- Editorial coverage in Aesthetica Magazine (readership of 400,000)
Creative Spark Columbia Basin
Small projects can have a big impact. Artists across all disciplines living and working in the Columbia Basin region who have an interest in working with young people in an arts-based capacity are invited to apply for Creative Spark Columbia Basin grants.
Creative Spark Columbia Basin grants support artists to engage young people in schools and communities in arts-based projects. If you relate to any of the statements below, then this grant is designed for you:
- I’m an emerging artist looking to explore career opportunities
- I’m a professional artist interested in working with young people and need support to get started
- I have a project idea but don’t have the funds to cover the required materials and supplies
- I am interested in applying for an Artists in the Classroom (AIC) grant in the future and need to build some experience first