Light up the Arts
We are looking for Artists to create a lighted installation that will be presented outside in Downtown Fernie to create a winter art walk. The idea is to create an engaging, fun, and interactive art walk that lights up the darkest months of the year.
The Art walk will launch on November 25th at an annual collaborative community event, the Holiday Kick-off and Light up the Night, which is led by the Fernie Chamber of Commerce. The aim of the Holiday Kick-off is to encourage both locals and visitors to shop local and small supporting businesses which include artists. The artwork will remain up throughout the winter months.
- If selected artists will be compensated $1500 for the creation of the piece + up to $500 for materials.
- Artwork should be able to withstand the Fernie elements for the Winter season and be able to be safely installed in the provided community location.
- The artist is responsible for installation and an installation fee will be provided of $235.
- The Artwork should ideally be lighted independently i.e. with battery power. Please indicate how you will do this as part of the proposal. If a plug-in is required please make this clear.
- Artwork should be a decent size or interactive in nature.
- Artwork can be in any medium, 3-D, digital (i.e projected) or anything that you feasibly execute.
- Free community workshop will also be offered, feature artists have the option of leading a workshop that could support their installation.