November 20th Update
The Arts Station has suspended all in person programming until further notice following the BC Government PHO announcement on Nov 19th. All registered participants will be contacted for refunds or alternative virtual options dependent on the program.
The Gallery will remain open with covid safety plan in place as outlined below.
Studio appointments are also still available for booking by Station Supporters on an individual basis.
The Artisan Fair will not continue as planned. Instead, we will have Artisans work available in the Gallery, from Nov 27th alongside the next exhibit “Gallery in the Round.” All work will also be available to view and shop on our website.
Stay tuned to our Socials for more information including virtual options over the next few weeks.
Thanks for your understanding as we navigate through these changes. We want to ensure that everyone remains safe while still supporting our local artists.
The following procedures are in place to prevent the spreading of COVID-19 and applies to all employees, visitors and contractors working for, with or around the The Arts Station.
- Remain at home if symptomatic;
- anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days must self-isolate at home; symptoms include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and new muscle aches or headache.
- anyone under the direction of the provincial health officer to self-isolate must follow those instructions.
- Anyone who has arrived from outside of Canada, or who is a contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case, must self-isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms.
- Attendees and visitors to the building will be asked to confirm they meet the above requirements.
- If anyone begins to feel ill during their time in the building they must:
- immediately remove themselves from others and arrange to leave the premises at the earliest possible time.
- inform management.
- Management will;
- complete a record of the person and illness.
- arrange for a cleaning of the workstation and touch points.
Wear a mask & maintain physical distancing:
- Masks will be required to be worn to enter The Arts Station facility. Attendees must also;
- Maintain a distance of 2 metres (6 feet) between others wherever possible or;
- Use physical barriers such as plexiglass between people.
- Windows will also be opened to encourage air circulation where possible.
- Regular hand washing:
- Everyone must wash their hands, including upon arriving, before and after breaks, after handling cash or other materials, before and after handling common tools and equipment.
- Provide hand sanitiser at entrance/exit and common areas.
- Non sharing of equipment. Equipment will be sanitised between usage.
- Professional cleaning & disinfect 5 times per week.
- Regular cleaning of areas including high touch points throughout the day. All common areas and surfaces, including washrooms, equipment, tools, common tables, desks, light switches, and door handles.
- Work stations will be disinfected at the end of each day.
- Plexi barrier at the reception desk.
- Contact tracing of all visitors to the Gallery.
- Limited persons in the Gallery to 6.
- Online viewing and purchasing available.
- Pre-booked access only for specific 2 hour time slots.
- Covid questionnaire in the booking system and on entry to the facility.
- Limited numbers in each space to allow for physical distancing.
- An hour gap between appointments for sanitisation and no cross over of attendees.
While we are doing our best to mitigate the risks associated with COVID-19, we cannot guarantee the prevention of exposure. Please note you are using the facilities at your own risk. Please take precautions to protect yourself and your family from COVID-19. If you are at high-risk please consider remaining at home and participating via our virtual options.