Feb 5th Update:
The BC Government PHO will continue until the end of February. Read the full order here.
The Gallery is open for viewing in person and online head to > In the gallery Now .
Studio appointments are still available for booking by Station Supporters on an individual basis. Head to Studio appointments for hours and booking. No drop ins, an appointment must be booked in advance.
All other adult programming is virtual, check out the events calendar to see what is on offer.
Youth programming is permitted to continue, pre registration is required via the events calendar.
If you wish to speak with staff email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-423-4842.
The following procedures are in place to prevent the spreading of COVID-19 and applies to all employees, visitors and contractors working for, with or around the The Arts Station.
- Remain at home if symptomatic;
- anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days must self-isolate at home; symptoms include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and new muscle aches or headache.
- anyone under the direction of the provincial health officer to self-isolate must follow those instructions.
- Anyone who has arrived from outside of Canada, or who is a contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case, must self-isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms.
- Attendees and visitors to the building will be asked to confirm they meet the above requirements.
- If anyone begins to feel ill during their time in the building they must:
- immediately remove themselves from others and arrange to leave the premises at the earliest possible time.
- inform management.
- Management will;
- complete a record of the person and illness.
- arrange for a cleaning of the workstation and touch points.
Wear a mask & maintain physical distancing:
- Masks will be required to be worn to enter The Arts Station facility. Masks are required to be worn throughout attendance in the building for anyone over the age of 12. Those under 12 are permitted to remove them once in place behind a barricade for visual arts activities. Mask exemptions apply as per the government outline.
- Attendees must also;
- Maintain a distance of 2 metres (6 feet) between others wherever possible or;
- Use physical barriers such as plexiglass between people.
- Windows will also be opened to encourage air circulation where possible and/or air filtration systems turned on.
- One way system of entrance and exit. Please follow signage.
- Regular hand washing:
- Everyone must wash their hands, including upon arriving, before and after breaks, after handling cash or other materials, before and after handling common tools and equipment.
- Provide hand sanitiser at entrance/exit and common areas.
- Non sharing of equipment. Equipment will be sanitised between usage.
- Professional cleaning & disinfect 5 times per week.
- Regular cleaning of areas including high touch points throughout the day. All common areas and surfaces, including washrooms, equipment, tools, common tables, desks, light switches, and door handles.
- Work stations will be disinfected at the end of each day.
- Online and in person viewing is available.
- Contact tracing is completed upon arrival.
- Limited numbers are permitted to enter at once to maintain physical distancing.
- Pre-booked access only for specific 2 hour time slots.
- Covid questionnaire in the booking system and on entry to the facility.
- Limited numbers in each space to allow for physical distancing.
- An hour gap between appointments for sanitisation, airflow and no cross over of attendees.
While we are doing our best to mitigate the risks associated with COVID-19, we cannot guarantee the prevention of exposure. Please note you are using the facilities at your own risk. Please take precautions to protect yourself and your family from COVID-19. If you are at high-risk please consider remaining at home and participating via our virtual options.