© 2019 All rights reserved
Events & Program Coordinator
The Events & Program Coordinator will assist with the operations of the Fernie & District Arts Council (FDAC) and The Arts Station facility. The role will be responsible for the facilitation of events & programs of the organisation such as concerts, gallery openings, workshops and special events. FDAC is a diverse and developing organisation and the Events & Program Coordinator will assist in activities and tasks for the day to day running of the operations. The role will report to the Executive Director.
- To assist with day-to-day activities of the organisation.
- Facilitate events and programs from initial planning to completion including;
- Wednesday Socials
- Out of the Box Dumpster Project
- Live music & performance
- Gallery Shows
- Youth workshops
- Adult workshops
- Facility rental
- To interact and assist with the community, participants and volunteers.
- Assist with the facilitation and development of cultural and artistic programming.
- Perform accounting tasks (payables / receivables), budgets & banking.
- Maintain class registrations, membership records and mailing lists.
- Gather and compile data as defined by the Executive Director.
- Work with interest groups and partners to assist with community events.
- Assist team members with the delivery of other Arts Council projects.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong communication.
- Ability to multitask.
- Interpersonal savvy.
- Works well independently and as part of a team.
- Interest and passion for arts and culture.
- Previous experience facilitating events is an asset.
- Post secondary education in a relevant field is an asset but not required.
Expectations & Essential requirements:
- This job requires you to work primarily on site at The Arts Station 601 1st Avenue, Fernie BC. This is a historic building and the use of stairs are required to reach all levels. Sometimes events will be at other locations in Fernie or in the community/outdoors.
- Flexibility with hours with a focus in the evenings and weekends for event facilitation.
- All team members are expected to participate in a variety of activities that include cleaning, snow removal and building maintenance as needed.
- Lifting, assembling and storing of heavy items is a daily requirement of the job.
- Criminal Record check including vulnerable sector (must be able to obtain to be hired and have a clean record for working with children).
- Serving it right (already have or willing to obtain).
- Must reside in Fernie or the area.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
- Part time or Full Time options available.
- Dependent on availability and experience.
Interested applicants should send their resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org