As a member of the Arts Station, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in any of our Guilds and Clubs that interest you, if desired. For more information on each of these clubs, simply click on those that have available links or contact us to find out more.
- Fernie Visual Arts Guild: Belonging to the Visual Arts Guild requires only an interest in painting and/or drawing. We meet on Tuesday afternoons (1-4pm) in the winter and Monday evenings (7pm) in the summer.
- Fernie Potters Guild: As a Guild we have developed our communal pottery studio to include a new kiln, 5 wheels and many tools and equipment. We meet on Tuesday evenings from 7pm during winter and Thursdays in summer.
- Fernie Quilters’ Guild: We have over 20 members and meet at 7pm on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. Everyone interested in quilting is welcome to attend. Just show up or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Fernie Spinners’ and Weavers’ Guild: We meet every third Monday of the month 1-4pm. We are open to new members. Come by to learn how to join.
- Fernie Community Choir: We rehearse on Tuesday nights at 7pm at the Arts Station and hold concerts throughout the year. Join us or follow on Facebook.
- Drawing Buddies: We enjoy the shared creative experience of drawing together. We facilitate life drawing sessions as well other workshops and group projects.
- Fernie Friends of Opera: We screen operas on the first Friday of each month from September to April at the Arts Station. See our posters or follow us on Facebook
- Tunnel Theatre: We love theatre, working with script and improv. We produce a show bi-annually(-ish) and would LOVE you to join!
- 88 Keys Piano : We organise piano recitals and concerts and manage the community piano.
- We also have two committees that programme and organise Fernie’s Film festivals: Indie Films Fernie (IFF) & Reel Canadian Film Festival (RCFF)
Further information about the Potter’s Guild: The Pottery Guild operates from the basement of The Arts Station and is run by a group of volunteers. Annual membership is $75.00 and you must also be a member of The Arts Station in order to join the guild. The pottery studio has 5 electric wheels, a slab roller, a one year old digital electric kiln and studio tools that members may use. In addition, we have a selection of slips and glazes that can be used, at no charge. There is also no extra charge for firing your work and our volunteer monitors run the firings. Blocks of clay can be purchased from the studio for $30.00. All new members must attend an intake session (usually on a Members’ night) to become familiar with studio procedures (security, clay disposal, work storage, clean up procedures, etc.). If you do not have previous pottery experience we encourage you to sign up for one of our intro classes. Classes and workshops are held at various times throughout the year and we have studio Members’ nights on Tuesday evenings from 7 – 9 pm where a volunteer monitor is available to sell clay and assist members if they have questions. The studio is open when The Arts Station is open (during Blue Toque hours, admin hours or concert times). If you are interested in joining please read this full Pottery Studio Info Sheet.