The Arts Station is managed by the Fernie & District Arts Council. Our primary mandate is to provide arts and cultural opportunities to the community. We lease the facility from the City of Fernie. We offer rental of the theatre, upstairs studio and outside deck when we have availability. This is done to support our organisation and costs of the building.
If you are a performer please read more via the button:
- Other spaces are available by direct inquiry only.
- In-kind requests must be submitted in writing with plenty of notice to be reviewed at the Board level. 2nd Thursday of the month.
- Collaborations are encouraged for art activities. Please reach out to the Arts Station management with plenty of notice for consideration.
- Only events/programs that fit into the mandate of the Arts Council will be considered for in-kind or collaborations and meet all policy and procedure.
- Bookings are not confirmed until payment is made.
- 4 weeks notice the payment refunded less a 15% admin fee
2 weeks notice the payment will be refunded 50% less a 15% admin fee
- Less than 2 weeks the payment will be refunded 25% less a 15% admin fee
- Full refund will be provided if cancellation of an event by FDAC due to unforeseen circumstances.
- 4 weeks notice the payment refunded less a 15% admin fee
- Renters must meet all FDAC policy & procedures including health & Safety, code of conduct, harassment & equal opportunities.
- The Events Calendar is only a representation of public events at the Arts Station and does not represent the full availability of spaces. Please fill out the below Rental Application Form to inquire about availability.
- Please note that the Arts Station has ongoing programming and the facilities get booked out 6 months ahead. For best availability please plan in advance (Tues-Thurs are the busiest days so consider this when choosing a date).
- Prior to the event all paperwork must be completed and signed. A Facility Rental Agreement must be signed, which will be sent upon confirmation of the event date & payment.
- When booking, make sure to include set up and clear up time. Access to space will start from the time you have booked the space and will not be available before.
- The Arts Station is a multi-purpose facility and renting a space is not exclusive use. Renters should be aware of others in the building and share common areas.
- When renting the outside stage, access to The Arts Station must remain open at all entries and exits. Inside facilities are not included as part of the outdoor stage rental.
- The following is not permitted: no smoking, smoke machines, candles or confetti, special effects/fireworks/pyrotechnics, animals, nor installations such as temporary stages, inflatable amusement devices, trampolines, or mechanical rides/devices.
- Please note that the first floor of the Arts Station is currently accessible.
- A staff representative will be present during your event for safety. Staff are not there to facilitate your event other than what is outlined ahead of time (E.g. Bar service or tech support). You must plan, execute and provide everything that is needed for your own event.
- The Arts Station is provided as is: the current Gallery exhibit remains in place and should not be covered, the gallery is the foyer for the entire building so must remain a multi purpose space, The Arts Station is a historic building and well loved so the aesthetic is “character”.
- All renters must leave the area back to the way it was found.
- If the area is not left in the state it was found, then a cleaning fee will be charged to the credit card provided. Cleaning Fees: $40 per hour.
- All items must be removed at the end of the rental. Any items left after the event will be disposed of.
- Inside equipment included in the rental is limited to chairs and tables.
- Tables are 6ft plastic fold out tables. Chairs are black folding padded chairs.
- You are responsible for setting up. We recommend that you bring table clothes for the tables as they are covered in paint due to the nature of our organisation.
- Tech equipment which must be agreed to ahead of the event and at additional cost.
- Damage to furniture or equipment is at cost to the renter.
- In order to make use of our tech equipment, one of our approved/qualified sound techs must be hired. Costs vary and many techs travel from Cranbrook or Kimberley.
- When booking, please provide tech requirements, if you are unsure of your requirements, please contact us to discuss.
- Tech time will be quoted based on information given. If tech is required above the amount requested the final bill will reflect this.
- We do not provide tech equipment for outside. We can provide power.
- The Arts Station has a primary liquor licence.
- All inside liquor service is provided by FDAC including purchase, servers and sales.
- No outside liquor is allowed in the premises.
- Outside liquor service a special occasion licence is required (E.G. Station Square event).
- No underage drinking is permitted. At 19+ events minors are not permitted onsite.
- FDAC has the right to refuse anyone entry and removal for inappropriate behaviour including
- There is no access to a kitchen. The Blue Toque is an independent business.
- You are permitted to hire a caterer but they must provide everything required (no access will be provided to a kitchen).
- All 3rd party event at the Arts Station needs to be insured with 5 million liability with the Arts Station and the City of Fernie as named parties the policy certificate provided ahead of the event.
- This is a requirement of the City of Fernie.
- If you are hoping to use the Arts Station for a future project and are stating use of one of our areas in your funding application, you must contact us prior to submitting your application.
- Any event which is not an Arts Station run or supported event is not authorised to use the Arts Station logo.
- The Arts Station may share marketing materials on request if it fits into our mandate (ie. art events).